Post Tagged with: "Seniors"

Being Exempt from Exams

Being Exempt from Exams

As the school year closes, students prepare for their exams. Although, seniors with a teacher-made exam that have an A or B average with two or less absences are exempt. Seniors still have to take North Carolina mandated exams. Exams count 20 percent of the final grade mark, and the other 80 percent comes from the nine week grades. There […]

Read more ›
Steffens wants her classmates to laugh out loud when they see her on graduation day.

Graduating with Style

Tradition? That’s formal and boring. The high school graduation ceremony has long been viewed as a time to recognize the achievements of teenagers who successfully completed grades 9 through 12. Long gowns and caps represent the school’s official color while giving an air of academic formality to the event, with sashes and tassels being used to denote individual students’ accomplishments […]

Read more ›
What Alumni Wish They Knew Before Heading to College

What Alumni Wish They Knew Before Heading to College

Starting college can be a scary experience, and all incoming freshmen hunt for advice from any source available. Alumni from the classes of 2014 and 2013 provided their biggest lessons they learned in college, both socially and academically, to help calm that feeling of “I wish I knew.” The new social environment college presents is based on both being around […]

Read more ›
Photo courtesy of the Morehead-Cain foundation.

10 Tips for College Newbies

With roughly half of the Class of 2015 attending a four-year college or university in the fall, many students walking through the upstairs commons are distracted from the daily academic and social elements of high school as thoughts of their future on a college campus rush through their heads. Starting college can be a scary adventure, a bumpy road full […]

Read more ›
Dumbells at the McGee's 
Crossroads Fit4Life.

Get Fit Without Throwing a Fit

With summer around the corner, students are beginning to have an increased interest in spending time at the gym wanting to feel confident as they strut their stuff on the beach. Staying motivated and following an effective workout plan can be a challenge for teens just stepping into the fitness scene and gym veterans alike. By utilizing simple tips and […]

Read more ›
Some of the graduating class happily pose in the shirts of their chosen colleges.

Decided and Excited

As the year comes to a close, graduating seniors have decided on their future plans. May 1 was National “Decision” day– universities and colleges across the country required rising students for the 2015 fall semester to submit their deposit and secure their spot in the freshman class by midnight. Students going to college celebrate this day by wearing spirit wear […]

Read more ›
Art credit to pixshark.com.

At Last

Born into a cage of white blocked walls   Left to navigate the rushing river of the halls.   A new species   Feeling overwhelmed with unease.   The first year unexacting, growing   Young still, not knowing.   New feathers grew in the last year of real youth Focus sprouting Ideas in the face of impending truth.   The […]

Read more ›
Wildcat News S4 E8

Wildcat News S4 E8

This week on Wildcat News Jarrett Spann learns more about the kindness and gratitude project. Jamie Snover finds out how two students have already committed to the armed forces. Katherine Serrell gets tips from a coupon pro. Brody Hall reports on the AP Art class. Gerardo Roman finds out why selfie sticks are becoming so popular.

Read more ›
Photo courtesy of Noel Estevez flickr.com.

A Festive Event

The crowd bobbed along to the catchy tunes, smiling as they began to feel the holiday spirit fill their hearts. The band captured the attention of the auditorium as they skillfully manipulated their instruments to create a festive melody that floated through the air like a swirl of snowflakes. On Dec. 4 at 7 p.m., the auditorium hosted spectators as […]

Read more ›
Kyle "Louis" Pfister narrates "Les Trois Petit Cochons." Photo by Cheyenne Avery.

A Cultural Celebration

“Bonjour” and “merci” echoed through the walkways, as smiling faces gathered in groups, stuffing themselves with pastries and classic breads. The brisk wind swirled through the auditorium, but did not distract the performers from their presentation of “Les Trois Petit Cochons.” The French Festival was in full swing. On Nov. 14, 2014, French students from West Johnston, Corinth Holders, Smithfield-Selma […]

Read more ›